YES, YOU HAVE A RRROLE!
There are people out there just like you who want to help make better choices for the environment. You are never too young to teach others the importance of protecting our planet. Try to use the three R’s every day – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
HOW CAN YOU HELP FEED THE LOOP?
- Tell Mom and Dad to download the Rethink Waste Mobile App so you always put out your organics green cart on the right day
- Try to make a zero-waste lunch to take to school
- After every meal and snack time, think of where your leftovers and packaging will finally end up
- Can the package go in the recycle or be re-used?
- If there are leftovers, can you save them for later or can they go in the green organics cart?
- Suggest a school waste audit to see how much waste your school produces and ways to help reduce
- Buy and eat local and B.C. grown fruits and vegetables
- Check out Earth Rangers, a kids’ conservation organization with loads of ideas for you to protect animals and our planet.